Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Watercolour Blots

My right hand hasn't  been feeling so great these past days, most likely due to the overload of computer/mouse-related projects. I figured I should probably stay away from anything digital for this next entry. Looking around my room, I found a brand new Moleskine (yet another Christmas gift).

I wanted to do a watercolour to break into this new book, so I got my palette, glad to be almost ready to go and realized that I should probably wash it before commencing a new painting. But people often say that a colour palette, which has some leftover colour from previous work is actually better to work with than a sparkling clean one. I like this theory.
My used watercolour palette
I mixed some colours together and randomly spread them over one page of the Moleskine. I then closed it and pressed hard, getting this result.
Watercolour blots on the Moleskine
Now for the most fun part: seeing things within the randomness of colour. In this case, I saw a mysterious girl getting away in a carriage.
Mysterious Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment